Saturday 29 October 2011

WIKIPEDIA EXPERIENCE

I always referred to Wikipedia for my practicals. I use to copy information from wiki to my submissions, but this year my teacher introduced to us some new practicals where we had to edit and write new articles on Wikipedia. I was excited to do so but also thought that is it possible to edit wiki? The answer to this question is yes. Anyone can edit on wiki. It is millions of users like us who contribute to wiki's articles. The procedure is very simple choose the article and press edit button on the right hand corner. As simple as that.  You just write your matter in that edit box and do not forget to write edit summary. It is always better if you have your account on wiki. It has same procedure as that of a Google account. the important  thing is the the matter you edit or write should always have proper reference. You tube and blogs are not allow as reference. You can use any other cite or books or  news articles for referencing. Even the forma is ready for you. 
       So, I think we should all contribute to wiki as there are millions waiting for that information and don't forget viewers as well. So keep editing wikians and all the best

1 comment:

  1. Wouls have liked to know a bit more of what you found exciting and what got you interested.
    Radha Misra

    ReplyDelete